Top 11 home theatre systems for living rooms
We spend most of our time in our living rooms and bedrooms. People spend lots of time and money styling out their living room with the latest gadgets and entertainment systems, ensuring that they are eye-catching, and grab the attention and the envy of your guests. Living rooms also double up as entertainment rooms.
Having a gorgeous living room is essential for a modern-day home and having a quality home theatre system to accompany it is non-negotiable. One could get a TV with HD sound, but the quality of the sound is not as good. A home theatre system adds definition and effects to the sound in your TV.
Modern home theatre systems make any room sound majestic, over and above of the crispness of the sound. Having a home theatre system makes the listening experience significantly better than using regular TV speakers.
The depth and detail in surround sound speakers are far superior to TV speakers. Additionally, you won’t get the extra bass frequencies that you can, with a home theatre system, from a TV speaker. This is the reason why you should invest in a surround sound, home theatre for your living room entertainment system.
Choosing the correct, high-quality home theatre system is the real challenge. There are so many brands, making different kinds of speakers and for different purposes. In this day and age, products are made for specific audiences rather than a particular usage.
In this article, I will walk you through the differences between various home theatre systems that you can use/have in your home living room.
Let’s delve into the best 11 home theatre systems.
|Rank||Name||power||No of speakers||Bluetooth||wireless||Check Availability|
|1||VIZIO Sound Bar||400w||6||yes||yes||Amazon|
|2||Acoustic Audio by Goldwood||300w||6||No||No||Amazon|
|4||Enclave CineHome II||450w||6||yes||yes||Amazon|
|6||Polk Audio 5.1||850w||6||Yes||No||Amazon|
|8||Fluance Signature HiFi||550w||6||yes||No||Amazon|
|10||Harman Kardon HKTS-15||510w||6||yes||No||Amazon|
|11||JBL Cinema 510||450w||6||yes||No||Amazon|
The best overall Home theatre system for your living room
1. VIZIO Sound Bar for TV, 36” 5.1 Channel Home Theatre Surround Sound System
with Wireless Subwoofer, is the perfect choice for the best overall home theatre system. It’s cost-effective and provides the best quality for the best price.
- The entire 5.1 channel speaker has amazing clarity and comes with 6 speakers that can immerse you in solid surround sound.
- The wireless feature means you do not have to contend with wires and cables all over the place.
- The booming bass is amazing and makes a difference in how the bass sounds in your room.
- DTS virtual is a new specification that has been introduced that creates a virtual floor-to-ceiling 3D surround sound experience. It can reach up to an accurate sound level of 101db.
- The front speakers provide crystal clear dialogue and mid-range frequencies, whereas the other speakers complement the different areas of the frequency spectrum.
- The Eq modes allow you to customize the sound however you want, according to your room preferences.
- They also come with input options like hdmi and rca cables that are actually used by people rather than random input sets.
DST Virtual:X enhances content by filling your room with virtualized 3D sound.
SPEAKERS AND BASS
- 6 speakers provide top-notch sound clarity and deliver dynamic and accurate sound.
- 5-inch subwoofer
- 96 DB sound pressure level
- 50Hz-20kHz frequency range
DIALOUGE ENHANCEMENT EQ
- Enhancement settings for calibrated, crisp-clear dialogue.
- In the V- Series 5.1, there is also a dedicated center speaker that provides an even better experience.
FRONT SURROUND MODE
- Enjoy immersive surround sound in any room with the option to move your surround speakers to the front.
OPTIMIZED FOR 4K HDR CONTENT
- The V-series 5.1 will bring out the best audio performance from your 4k HRD content with Dolby Audio 5.1 when connected through HDMI
Connect your own device
- Use your voice to control your Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri through the soundbar with a dedicated 3.5 Aux or Persistent Bluetooth connection.
- Stream wirelessly from your phone or other compatible Bluetooth Devices
- New Low Profile Design
- Easy to clean
- Black lit display remote
- Easy to install and the sound system is easily adjustable.
- Positioning this home theatre is easy and simple. The sub-woofer can be placed under a couch or the corner of the room to provide incredible sound quality.
- Value for money
- Subwoofers provide great bass that is deep and has real saturation to it.
- The satellite speakers are amazing, due to their wireless connections and reduced wiring clutter.
- Bluetooth connections are sometimes not smooth and can sometimes get disconnected.
Budget theatre systems will ensure that you do not break your bank account, but still have decent sound in your living room. Of course a very cheap product is not useful because it will not have enough for a modern-day living room. The best choice of best budget home theatre system is.
2. Acoustic Audio by Goldwood Bluetooth 5.1 Surround Sound System
This is the best budget home theatre system with surround sound configuration. It includes Bluetooth as well as wireless connections for FM as well. This makes this home theatre system the best budget option for your living room.
What’s in the box?
- 1 Powered Subwoofer Speaker
- 5 Passive Wired Satellite Speakers
- Full Function Remote
- 3.5mm to RCA Cable
- 3 RCA to RCA Jack Cables
- Instruction Manual
- It comes with one subwoofer and 5 speakers system. It delivers great surround sound for your audio entertainment systems.
- The system comes with 300 watts of power along with a led illuminated sub-woofer.
- It’s great for home entertainment and, if you are someone who binge-watches TV shows, then this is the appropriate entertainment system of choice as it does not tire your ears.
- Starting with 3.5mm headphones, the system is capable of connecting and receiving audio from any system using RCA cables and options for surround outputs as well.
- It comes with a US 110V ground wall plug.
- You will also get a remote to completely control your home theatre system.
- Stream music from your phone to the built in Bluetooth Receiver
- Integrated Power Amplifier with 300 Watts System Power
- Pro Surround Function Automatically Converts Stereo to 5.1 Sound
- LED Illuminated Sub with Multiple Color and Pattern Flashing Light Display
- Easy Plug and Play Connections
- Standard RCA inputs connect to most audio sources
- 6 Independent RCA Inputs for True Surround
- Stereo RCA AUX Inputs
- Illuminated Display with Front Panel Controls
- USB Drive Input and SD Card Input
- FM Tuner
- Full Function Remote
- Magnetically Shielded Raw Wire Satellite Speakers
- 1 Powered Subwoofer Speaker is (H x W x D) 11.75″ x 7.5″ x 10.5″
- Frequency Response is 30Hz-20 kHz
- Enhanced Bass Boost Ported Design
- 5 Wired Satellite Speakers are (H x W x D) 7″ x 4.5″ x 4″ each
- 2 Front and 1 Center Satellite Speakers have 7.5 Foot Raw Wire Cables
- 2 Rear Speakers have 25.5 Foot Raw Wire Cables
- Standard US 110V Grounded Wall Plug
- Any audio device with a standard 3.5mm Headphone, RCA Stereo or RCA 6 Channel Surround Audio Outputs
- TV or Home Entertainment System
- Laptop or Personal Computer
- DVD or MP3 Player
- Cell Phone or Tablet
- It has a SD card input which most new versions of home theatres are neglecting.
- It comes with a direct USB input as well.
- The enhanced bass frequency makes you to enjoy hard-core bass oriented music and movies.
- Hang notches are on the back of each satellite speaker for easy hanging and mounting.
- Speakers could be 60-120 watts, but advertised as 300 watts
- You might experience static on higher volume levels.
- Annoying wires which can sometimes cause clutter.
The best Home theatre system for living rooms under $400
3. Onkyo HT-S3900 5.1-Channel Home Theatre Receiver/Speaker Package.
When you are looking at the price range of $400, the best home theatre for your living room that offers an amazing 5.1 home theatre experience along with the receiver which helps you with the playback of 4k HDMI output.
- Dolby trued and DTS HD master audio decoding. This makes this home theatre system stand out among the other home theatre systems in this price range.
- It comes with a powerful subwoofer controlled by a receiver.
- Has Bluetooth QUALCOMM aptx technology so that you can sync anything you are playing in your media devices.
- The HT-S3900 discrete analog amplification generates an impressive 720W of total power into 6 Ohms with one channel driven (1 kHz, 1% THD) or 360W into 8 Ohms with two channels driven (20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.7% THD, FTC), extracting the full complement of sound from movies, music and video games.
- Each solid, gloss-finished satellite speaker contains a full-range driver, while the port-loaded down-firing subwoofer looks great in matte black. Together, the home theatre extracts all the detail of lossless DTS-HD Master Audio™ and Dolby® TrueHD multichannel formats on Blu-ray Disc™ with dynamic clarity.
- The HT-S3900 is cleaned up and simplified with source devices integrated into the receiver via four HDMI® inputs and signals passed to the display via a single HDMI® cable with Audio Return Channel (ARC) for amplified TV audio.
- Space-saving wall-mountable satellite speakers and printed connection guide on the panel rear of the receiver make initial setup quick and easy.
- Sharing music from mobile, PC, and laptop apps to the home theater is also convenient, with low-latency Qualcomm® aptX™ audio providing CD-quality playback from supported devices over Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Advanced Music Optimizer, an original DSP technology that enriches compressed audio-file playback, enhances USB audio and Bluetooth streaming, while a selection of listening modes tailor response to specific types of A/V content, such as movies, TV broadcasts and games. Among other modes for music, Direct Mode or 2.1-Channel Stereo is ideal for high-quality sources such as SACD or CD.
- The A/V receiver’s HDMI® terminals support pass-through of next-generation High Dynamic Range video (HDR10 and BT.2020 support), HDCP 2.2, and 4K/60 Hz video to compatible displays from source devices such as 4K UltraHD Blu-ray Disc™ players, gaming consoles and network media players.
- For legacy devices, two composite video inputs are included together with AM/FM radio tuner with 30 memory presets, front L/R tone controls for bass and treble, and a full-sized remote to complement large buttons on the receiver’s front panel.
- Great product for the price and offers great quality of audio and video performance.
- The Onkyo actually delivers the 720 watts worth of audio as mentioned in the specifications.
- Passive sub-woofer. You aren’t going to be rattling any windows with this kit.
- If you are watching regular TV or sports it is excellent. The sound is crisp and clear.
- If you aren’t an audiophile or movie nerd, these work great.
The best Home theatre system for living room under $1000
4. Enclave CineHome II 5.1 Wireless Home Theatre Surround Sound System
At the upper end of this price point, you are going to get the best sound quality possible for your living room entertainment system. It offers you everything that you would want in a home theatre surround system for your living room along with a 24bit high-quality Dolby audio.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Subwoofer (8” Down-firing)
- 1 x Center Speaker (2 x 3” Drivers + 1 x 1” Tweeter)
- 2 x Left and Right (3” Drivers + 1 x 1” Tweeter in each Speaker)
- 2 x Bi-pole Surround Speakers (2” Drivers in each Speaker)
- 6 x Power Cords
- 1 x CineHub Wireless Transmitter
- 1 x HDMI Cable
- 1 x Power Supply Cord
- Quick Start Guide, Owner’s Manual, Legal/Warranty Information
- Comes with an 8” subwoofer and the front speakers are about 400mm.
- Powerful CineHub wireless transmitter along with 6 separate custom tuned speakers that delivers powerful cinematic sound.
- CineHome II is an instant plug and play surround sound system.
- No AVR or Wi-Fi required.
- Instant plug and play installation bundle
- The CineHome II CineHub Edition delivers immersive surround sound and sets up in just minutes.
- CineHome II’s perfectly tuned 11 Class-D amplifiers deliver powerful cinematic sound for all your favourite movies, TV shows, sports and games right in your living room.
- No more replacing entire systems to keep up to date.
- Through future modular upgrades, the CineHome systems can support additional subwoofers and speakers to maximize your audio experience.
Just one cable:
- Just one cable to your TV is all you need.
- The CineHub is equipped with eARC and ARC for a simple setup process.
- Connect the HDMI cable provided to the ARC port of your TV, ensure the sound output is set to HDMI ARC and you’re done!
Your remote is our remote:
- No more confusing remotes with buttons you never use.
- The Enclave is designed to work with your TV remote or a universal remote.
- For advanced settings and system updates, connect your smartphone to your CineHub with Bluetooth and use the Enclave App.
True surround sound in minutes
- Hear cinema-like surround sound with Dolby Audio and DTS technologies, even from stereo signals.
- Experience your favorite shows and movies how the director intended with clear vocals and rich, room-filling sound.
- 4 full-range drivers with 3 tweeters in the front to give you a wide sound stage with crisp clear dialogue and full mid-range audio.
11 Class-D Digital Amplifiers
- Perfectly tuned by our acoustic engineers to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.
- 2 x 2” full-range drivers in each of the rear surrounds speaker provide widespread enveloping sound.
- Feel deep, rich bass with our downward firing subwoofer that will bring your movies and shows to life. Upgradeable to 4 subs.
Speaker Level Setup
Want more bass? Turn up or down each of our speakers using our CineHub remote app.
- Use our CineHub remote app to customize your room setup based on your favourite TV spot.
Whole Room Stereo
- Turn up your music when friends are over or just to hear the news and sports casters clearer with the Whole Room Stereo mode.
Dolby and DTS Audio
- Dolby Digital Plus
- Dolby Digital
- DTS Digital Surround
Speaker Dimensions & Weights (L x W x H)
- Centre: 5.3 x 16.4 x 3.4 in. and 4.6lbs (134 x 413 x 87 mm and 2.1kgs)
- Front Left/Right: 5.3 x 3.4 x 16.4 in. and 4.6lbs (134 x 87 x 413 mm and 2.1kgs)
- Rear Left/Right: 4.6 x 6.9 x 6.4 in. and 2.86lbs (117.4 x 174.4 x 162 mm and1.3kgs)
- Subwoofer: 14.5 x 11.8 x 13.8 in. and 20.0lbs (368 x 300 x 350 mm 9.1kgs)
- CineHub: 7.0 x 5.1 x 1.6 in. and 0.9lbs (178 x 130 x 40 mm and 0.41kg)
Weight (Ship Weight/Dimensions)
- 48 lbs. (22.5 kg)
- 30.2 x 15.3 x 20.9 in. (767 x 388 x 530 mm)
- Keyholes (Left Right Front, Center, Left Right Surround)
- 1/4”-20 threaded mount options on each speaker
- Internal power supply
- Voltage:100V-240V AC,
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Power supply
- Voltage: 100-240V
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz 1.5 A MAX
- Output: 12V 500mA
- Voltage: 100-240V
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz 1.5 A MAX
- Output: 12V 500mA
Pros of the product:
- One of the problems that you will encounter with the lower end home theatre is the connectivity issues. Enclave offers Bluetooth 5.0 which connects amazingly to your devices and streams audio without any lag.
- CineHome II is powered by 11 perfectly tuned Class-D 24-bit amplifiers that deliver an unbelievable, movie-theatre quality sound right in your living room
- The system doesn’t have a remote; so you have to use their app.
- If you are not tech-savvy, you will find it a bit hard to install the system, but I included the owners manual for your convinience.
The best Home theatre system for your living room under $2000
5. Yamaha 7.2-Channel Wireless Bluetooth 4K 3D A/V Surround Sound Receiver + Polk Multimedia Home Theatre Speaker System
This is the point where you are buying a home theatre system just to get the best most expensive product with the latest and fanciest specifications in the market. The Yamaha 7.2-Channel Wireless Bluetooth 4K 3D A/V Surround Sound Receiver + Polk Multimedia Home Theatre Speaker System offers you exactly that. I would not save up to buy this speaker system, but if you do have the cash, it is definitely worth it
- It comes with a 4k ultra HD upscaling pass through and HDMI with 3D and audio return channel.
- You will get 6 HDMI ports as well as 1 USB port in the front.
- It comes with a 10” subwoofer along with 100w peak power.
- Blastrac circuitry reduces the fuzziness and distortion.
Pros of the product:
- 6 3″ mica-reinforced drivers offer you 2-way speakers that are crystal clear in audio quality. The 1” tweeters are of Terylene high res domes which are accurate in the mid-frequency region.
- The standing speaker comes with a 300 watt power value and it’s a 2 way speaker as well which makes this product the absolute best in terms of performance.
Cons of the product:
- The price is beyond the reach of normal consumers. If decent audio quality is all you need, this is not the home theatre system you should opt for. But if exceptional audio quality is what you are after then it is definitely a good investment.
Here are some of the best alternatives for home theatre systems in the market today
Each of these has their advantages and disadvantages. The prices also varies significantly between the available options. Even though there are a lot of low budget home theatres, I did not include brands that are not reputable for making audio gear.
Every product mentioned here can be used for your home theatre entertainment system in your living room. The most important thing about these home theatres is that they all provide decent audio quality but the longevity varies depending on price.
Alternative 1 (Alexa connectivity)
6. Polk Audio 5.1 Channel Home Theatre System with Powered Subwoofer & Denon AVR-S650H Receiver
Every home theatre system has its unique features. If you are someone who wants to connect your audio system to Alexa and access smart home functionalities, then this is the best alternative. Polk Audio 5.1 Channel Home Theatre System with Powered Subwoofer & Denon AVR-S650H Receiver offers the best quality audio along with smart home connectivity.
- Advanced 5.2 channel 4k stereo receiver.
- Each channel has about 150 watts.
- True Dolby vision along with DTS master audio.
- The subwoofer has a circumference of 10” which is more than capable of providing amazing audio.
- All speakers come with the Polks dynamic balancing technology to provide wider dispersion of sound in proportions to avoid distortion.
- Voice control capability with amazon Alexa.
- On screen setup which will walk you through the setup process with ease.
- The bass sometimes lacks punch and the clarity in the highs is too sharp or harsh.
Alternative 2 (Floor standing towers)
7. Fluance Elite High Definition Surround Sound Home Theatre 7.1 Speaker System Including Floor standing Towers
Small surround system speakers do pack a powerful punch. The best quality audio often comes out of floor standing speakers or towers. Fluance Elite High Definition Surround Sound Home Theatre 7.1 Speaker System Including Floor standing Towers are the best floor standing towers available which allow you to enjoy a great entertainment system.
- As mentioned in the name, this speaker system comes with a 7.1 home theatre system, 7 speakers which are more than enough to enjoy great sounding audio.
- The 3 way floor standing towers are the highlight of this product.
- The 10 inch powered subwoofer can create pumping sound with room shaking bass for adequate audio immersion.
- The cabinets are crafted with a woodgrain finish for aesthetics.
Pros of this product:
- Remarkable reproduction of the finest details, the Elite surrounds is a highly accurate and intensely musical system with broad frequency response and low distortion.
- Perk your ears up with exhilarating high notes reproduced by the Elite System.
- You will get rich lows and midi-range frequencies from the 6.5” woofers as well.
Cons of this product:
- The price is higher than its counterparts from other brands.
Alternative 3 (bookshelf speakers)
8. Fluance Signature HiFi Compact Surround Sound Home Theatre 5.1 Channel Speaker System Including 2-Way Bookshelf
Even though the tower/standing speakers are amazing, they can be big an take up a lot of space. As a result book shelf speakers are often used in home theatre entertainment rooms. They are compact, and can be hidden in walls. Fluance Signature HiFi Compact Surround Sound Home Theatre 5.1 Channel Speaker System Including 2-Way Bookshelf are the best option for speakers in the bookshelf department. If you have a dedicated room for entertainment other than the living room, these are your best option. These are even great for your bedroom.
- With a 12 inch subwoofer, these speakers offer the best bass frequencies out of all the home theatres mentioned in this article.
- With a dynamic high of 400w at peak you will get the best possible audio quality.
- Compact, doesn’t cause problems with the way they are positioned.
- Delivers warm mid frequencies for speech and movie dialogs.
- Not your typical surround sound system, these speakers can also be utilized as bookshelf speakers or fronts.
- They provide superior performance at every volume level with outstanding precision and clarity, allowing you to soak up all the dramatic impact your movies and music can deliver.
- The cabinets are of low quality and may deteriorate with time.
Alternative 4 (Best Bluetooth home theatre)
9. Yamaha YHT-4950U 4K Ultra HD 5.1-Channel Home Theatre System with Bluetooth
Bring enveloping, cinematic surround sound to your living room. This home-theatre-in-a-box system combines a powerful AV receiver with five speakers, a subwoofer, and speaker wire in a single package.
Yamaha is a company that has been producing audio equipment in every section of music, from pianos to electric guitars. Their speakers are high quality. Yamaha YHT-4950U 4K Ultra HD 5.1-Channel Home Theatre System with Bluetooth is the best option for a Bluetooth home theatre system without any pairing issues.
- This home theatre system comes with an AV receiver to deliver a clear, balanced sound for any listening experience.
- This receiver Supports HDR10 as well as Dolby Vision.
- With its built-in Bluetooth functionality, this AV receiver lets you enjoy wireless music effortlessly using playback from smartphones and other devices.
- Clear, powerful 5.1-channel surround sound
- 4K Ultra HD HDMI (4 in/1 out) with HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- Easy setup with Yamaha YPAO™ room optimization
- Flexible speaker placement options including Virtual CINEMA FRONT
- Bluetooth for streaming all your favorite music and podcasts
Balanced Sound Experience
- This 5.1-channel home theatre system comes with an AV receiver and a speaker package (one centre channel, two front channel and two surround speakers, plus a subwoofer), to deliver a clear, balanced sound for any listening experience.
- Enjoy your favourite movies, TV shows, music and video games, all with one, easy system.
4K Ultra HD HDMI Support
- Providing complete compatibility with the latest HDMI standards, the AV receiver in this package delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass-through.
- It also supports HDR (high dynamic range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors—giving you full, high-definition enjoyment with an exceptionally realistic and natural picture quality.
- Exclusive Yamaha CINEMA DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, etc.), providing natural and expansive sound imaging.
- CINEMA DSP transforms the dynamics of the listening environment, with acoustic reproduction of famous venues such as the Bottom Line, Roxy Theatre, and European cathedrals—letting you experience their ambience right in your room.
Easy Sound Optimization with YPAO
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyzes the room acoustics and your system, then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room.
- By placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically tuned for optimum performance in your home.
Discrete Amp Configuration
- The included AV receiver was designed with a strong focus on achieving exceptionally high clarity sound.
- It employs a discrete amp configuration and a low-jitter PLL circuit, which contributes to its excellent audio performance.
Rich Bass Reproduction
- This exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you would expect from smaller sized speakers while maintaining good localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers.
- When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer.
- You’ll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
Virtual CINEMA FRONT
- Even when it is impossible to install surround speakers behind the listening position, you can enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with all of the speakers placed in the front of the room. Alternatively should you want to know how to install wall speakers, you may want to check out this link.
Bluetooth with Music Enhancer
- Thanks to its built-in Bluetooth functionality, this receiver lets you enjoy easy wireless music playback from smartphones and other devices.
- The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimized for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, dynamic sound quality during wireless playback.
- Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV receiver or remote selects the input source and DSP mode.
- You can re-set the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
- When ECO Mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent, thanks to an advanced energy saving design.
Traditional Design Enhances Any Room
- The included speakers feature the elegant beauty of a fine musical instrument.
- Their clean, stylish appearance matches their high sound quality while their compact design allows them to be placed in any convenient location within the listening room.
- Keyhole openings in the back allow these speakers to be neatly mounted on a wall.
Advanced YST II Produces Powerful Low End
- The Advanced YST II subwoofer combines negative impedance and constant-current principles to drive the speaker cone with tight control.
- It optimizes effective speaker impedance to maintain stable and accurate low range response and high sound pressure levels, for more natural and energetic bass reproduction.
- You will get Exclusive Yamaha CINEMA DSP technology that supports the playback of HD Audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio), providing natural, expansive sound imaging.
- You are getting an 8 inch subwoofer which is more than capable of handling the deep bass of this home theatre system.
- It comes with a power rating of about 145w.
Alternative 5 (Driver performance)
10. Harman Kardon HKTS-15
Certain brands are known for their driver performance in each speaker. These speakers are capable of producing high quality audio even in small size tweeters. Harman Kardon HKTS-15 is known for its ability to produce high quality sound with small drivers.
- Four 2-way satellites, one centre speaker with dual 3 ½” mid-range drivers, 10″, 100-watt subwoofer.
- Speaker wire for all five speakers’
- 15′ subwoofer cable, four wall mount brackets and a 15′ mini plug cable to use with an external trigger.
- These powered speakers deliver 510w of power.
Pros of this product:
- This home theatre system provides exceptional deep bass and rich highs when comparing its size to other home theatres.
- The build quality is amazing and it’s built to last long.
Cons of this product:
- May soon be discontinued
Special mention (powered subwoofer)
11. JBL cinema 510
If you are looking for a low-profile home theatre system that is in a decent budget range and offers good quality audio, you have to check out JBL cinema 510. This home theatre system from the very popular headset manufacturer has been always known for its powered subwoofer systems.
- 60 watt powered subwoofer that is about 6.5”.
- Voice matched two way satellite speakers that are of made of three drivers.
- This speaker system comes with mounting brackets as well.
- It follows a small foot print, thus making it convenient to install and use in your living room.
Pros of this product:
- The speakers are small so they do not stand out in a room and produce crisp clear surround sound.
- The subwoofer provides all the base you need.
Cons of this product:
- It does not provide powerful audio for larger rooms when compared to a regular 5.1 channel home theatre, but its good enough for a smaller bedroom or smaller living room.
Frequently asked questions
Home theatres can be complex to set up. There are indeed many questions that you can have when deciding whether or not to purchase a home theatre system. Here are some common questions that people have when they are looking for home theatres.
How do I set up a home theatre in my living room?
Setting up a home theatre is all about the placement of the speakers, you have to make sure that you place the speakers in the right spot.
The satellite or small tweeters should go in every single corner of your room, and the subwoofer should stay in a corner to give you the best bass experience.
Other than placement you have to think about the sound treatment of your room as well.
If your room is not treated properly, then you will get echo and reverb, which can completely destroy your audio.
What is the minimum room size for home theatre?
When you go for 5.1 channel home theatres, you have to make sure that the room size is at least between 15 feet wide and 20 feet long.
This is the minimum size for a room to have a home theatre installed. A room smaller than this will cause phase issues in audio, result in muffled sounds and generate static noises. One of the most important aspects of room size is the Clarence a subwoofer needs for to generate and bounce the audio waves. If the room is small, you will get bumpiness instead of clear deep bass.
Which home theatre is best for the home?
Most 5.1 channel home theatres can be useful for the home. They can be used for living rooms and even bedrooms in some cases. Across the spectrum, the quality of audio doesn’t change much, whereas the longevity of the system changes.
How much does a home theatre cost?
A normal 5.1 channel home theatre system starts at around $100 and can even reach a price of $2000 for the more sophisticated systems. The bets price to performance level is around $500.
Spending anything above this is for bragging rights, and not really driven by logic. If you are going for a full on home entertainment room, you should go for the higher priced systems.
How do you hook up surround sound in a living room?
Using a 5.1 channel home theatre system you, can hook up a surround sound in your living room. It all starts with the bass coming from the sub-woofer. This has to be placed at the corner of the room at ground level.
All the other speakers known as satellite speakers can be mounted anywhere in the room, mostly in the corner, in order to give you the surround sound experience. Connecting them into a 5.1 channel audio device, is more important than the placement, if you want to get the best surround sound experience. The DTS function will not work if not enabled in an audio device. DTS works based on audio drivers.
Investing in a home theatre is a big deal and so it should be. Most people don’t take the time to do their research and tend to buy things out of impulse. It’s your hard earned money and I would advise you to take a look at and understand every single specification before you invest in these.
One of the problems with home theatres is that they are offered by various brands and at various prices. This makes the process of choosing a home entertainment system much harder. You might even get scammed by a brand that is not an expert in making audio equipment. This is why I have divided this article in to various groups so that you can understand the product based on your needs, and budget.
All the products mentioned above are from reputable brands that have been around for a minimum 20 years in the audio equipment and electronics business. Choosing the right product depends mostly on your budget as you can get these products in various price ranges.
That’s one of the reason why I have given the best products in each price range above. My personal advice is not to spend a lot on speakers, but rather spend money on treating your room to sound better. If you buy an expensive product without treating the echo in your room, you will poor audio quality.